#1 medic25

medic25

Emergency Medicine/EMS PA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ected-1.4026554

Sounds like our new immigration policies are stopping Canadian NPs and CRNAs from coming here to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ventana

ventana

Moderator, Past Practice Owner

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

Very sad

The Fine Print - you didn't pay for my advice so please consider this when reading it. I don't care about typos so don't tell me I can't type.:eek:

I vote for a  Full Practice Authority and staged independent practice.

MBA, MS, PA

https://gifs.com/gif/wpZWlm 

#3 sk732

sk732

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Guess it's a good thing I'm not going to SEMPA this year - might not let me in thinking I'll be staying, lol.  That aside, I get the impression from some experiences I've had at the border that a lot of these Immigration and Customs and Border Patrol officers seem to have/feel they have extraordinary powers to do whatever they wish to whomever on a whim.  I find it a little weird that immigration and employment lawyers that deal with this sort of stuff for a living didn't see this coming at all either - one would have thought they'd have kept abreast of this given what's at stake for the employers, employees, and the patients they look after.

$0.02 (CDN)

SK

#4 ventana

ventana

Moderator, Past Practice Owner

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Problem is that we are getting rule changes and legislation that is very poorly thought out and enacted with out due diligence.

Twice we have had travel bans that have been challenged in court and enforcement suspended..... not much thought and planning going into new reg's right now... which leaves it up to interpretation, which empowers the guard at the border to be aggressive as he/she doesn't want to mess up and let someone in that should not have been let in......

Unwell condition we are in right now with these questions arising....
  • EMEDPA likes this

The Fine Print - you didn't pay for my advice so please consider this when reading it. I don't care about typos so don't tell me I can't type.:eek:

I vote for a  Full Practice Authority and staged independent practice.

MBA, MS, PA

https://gifs.com/gif/wpZWlm 

#5 sk732

sk732

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

SK

#6 CAdamsPAC

CAdamsPAC

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

Problem is that we are getting rule changes and legislation that is very poorly thought out and enacted with out due diligence.

Twice we have had travel bans that have been challenged in court and enforcement suspended..... not much thought and planning going into new reg's right now... which leaves it up to interpretation, which empowers the guard at the border to be aggressive as he/she doesn't want to mess up and let someone in that should not have been let in......

Unwell condition we are in right now with these questions arising....

Without borders and laws, it's not a nation.........it's chaos. Blocking actions based on political agendas and "feelings" not the legal basis for the action leads to chaos and additional contempt for the rule of law.........

Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual. Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best and are darn good ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users