How to check on license process

My wife graduated from her program and took the PANCE in December. After she found out that she passed the exam, in January, she applied for multiple jobs. Luckily, she was offered a job at a pediatrician's office in Charlotte, NC. She immediately applied for her license and took all the necessary steps to get her background check. That was 9 weeks ago! She hasn't received any updates from either the SBI or the medical board. In fact, after calling and emailing each one they simply send her to the opposite organization for answers. Obviously it is frustrating since the license is the only thing in the way of her starting her career. Is there any way to speed up this process or even just know for sure what stage her application is at? Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

So similar to your wife I took pance in December and also live in NC. Our school actually had us start the licensing process while we were in school so the only thing left was verification of education and pance scores. I started the licensing process in Nov and got my license in early January. Graduated in December from PA school. They are notorious for losing things so you may have to submit a few times (this happened with my pance scores). The SBI and fingerprinting being sent I think took a few weeks for mine to get done and another friend's took almost 2 months. Turned out they had sent her fingerprinting to a totally different office than the med board. If she just started the process in Jan it may take a few months.

EDIT: I just realized you wrote background check. I think that took mine the longest too. I also made copies just in case of everything I sent in. Obviously it's up to the SBI etc at that point but it can take awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived