Need help working in tropical location

I'm currently a physician assistant working in NY.  I am interested in moving to a more tropical location after so many years of cold weather (brrr!).  I'm interested in finding an urgent care position in either US Virgins Islands (preferred location) vs another tropical location like Hawaii.  Please let me know if you have any resources for finding such a job or if you recommend any different locations.  I'd greatly appreciate any help you can offer.  Thanks!

I'd really prefer to stay out of Florida.  I've heard such terrible stories about the healthcare system there.  I'd prefer not to go to Hawaii as the flight is a small fortune and doubt many of my family members/friends could afford to come visit me.  I'm really interested in US Virgin Islands if I can find the right job.

Yes I worked in Hawaii for 4 years. I loved the islands but it is very expensive to live there and housing is not always easy to find. The pay is lower than average as well.

And therein comes the Catch-22.  I watch the real estate apps daily for a 2/2 condo on Maui/Kauai with ocean view.  It is quite unsettling to see what $500K gets you when you see what you have for <$300K (but no longer want long-term due to upkeep).

For me, the best way to live there is to be retired with stable income (pensions/SSI) and not have a lavish lifestyle.  While HOA fees are pricey, they also tend to include your utilities in addition to grounds care (some include renter's insurance).  Aloha, and Mahalo!

Archived