Northwestern 2017-2018 Applicants

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you like to share your stats? If so, it is greatly appreciated!

Sure-- this is actually my 3rd time applying to PA school :0 so pray for me! I applied before while I was still in school so I think my lack of experience was the kicker. Now I've been working as a medical asst. for the past year after graduating and I'm glad I have! It's been great experience. 

cumGPA:3.4 

science GPA: 3.3 or 3.4 I forget

Shadowing PAs: 43 hours

GRE: 321 combined, 160 Q, 161 V, 4.0 W

PCE:

Obgyn MA: 800 hours

Internal med MA: 500 hours 

Other healthcare hours: ~300 hours 

Extracurriculars:

Founder and President of my school's Pre-PA club! 

Arts & Letters Honors program 

Research; helped published a biomedical study in PLoS ONE journal, received NIH grant for summer research

I know my gpa and PCE hours are pretty low to be competitive and Northwestern is pretty tough to get in! But I hope 3rd time's the charm! Good luck to everyone 

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone receive an email from Northwestern after your CASPA was verified? I only received an email after I submitted my supplemental application that said my payment was received. I'm curious if I should contact them since I didn't receive an email saying it was under review

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Brother of Gus said:

Just got the same email! I'll see you there! Where are you coming from? I'll be heading up from North Carolina!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!! I will be coming from Colorado. Fly in Tuesday night and stay somewhere near campus. Look forward to meeting you and everyone else!

For the NW supplemental - it says no more than 600 words, how long approx were your guys' essays? I'm not sure if I should try to write around 600 words or if that's excessive/unnecessary. 

thanks!

I just tried to keep it concise. I figured they have to read hundreds of them so I covered the points and didn't add too much extra.

19 hours ago, Brother of Gus said:

I just tried to keep it concise. I figured they have to read hundreds of them so I covered the points and didn't add too much extra.

I assumed the same. I figure that is the way to go with most supplemental apps. To be honest, I feel most supplemental applications are just additional revenue streams.

I am still waiting to hear back about an interview. Good luck everyone!

Archived