Hiking JMT during application cycle

Hi Everyone! 

I have a random topic to ask and inquiry about. A little about me, I applied this cycle and was waitlisted to 2 programs and interviewed at a total of 5. I was unfortunately rejected to the other 3... I will be reapplying this coming cycle. My boyfriend and I were planning to hike the John Muir Trail from Yosemite to Mt. Whitney this August. Have any of you done this..? I'm afraid that not having reception I might be gambling with my chances of getting in/interview, etc. Do any of you have an opinion about this or experience in a similar situation. I would be out of service for a minimum of 3 weeks in August. Could I have someone else manage my email account during that time? Would that suffice? I'm at a crossroads because this is something we have dreamed of doing and now I'm a little concerned with timing. 

Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated! 

I don't know when your hiking fits in with your schools' decision processes. That said, I suggest living your life in the interim.

Give the schools an alternative contact and check in with that person twice a week or so.

And enjoy. It won't be every year that you get a chance to do something on your bucket list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no telling what anyone will think about anything. I wouldn't give them all the details. Just that you will be out of phone contact between x and y and in the interim to contact z, who you will be in touch with every few days. When you get back, call them again and report that you're back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived