Chances of PA school?

Hi everyone! I am applying for the 2017-2018 cycle and starting to look at schools to apply to. My overall GPA is about a 3.4 and i finished all the recommended prereqs (bio, chem, biochem, english, math, statistics, Spanish, physio and anatomy plus labs, med term, physics). GRE 311 composite with 5 on the writing. I am currently an EMT and will have more than 600 hours by December; also volunteer at a hospital (wheelchair transportation) and I have about 300 hours there. In total, I have over 500 hours of volunteering (hospitals, med trip to Nicaragua, and school organizations). I also shadowed a doctor for 40 hours, 3 doctors on the trip (about 100 too), and shadowing a PA this spring break. What are my chances of getting into PA school? So far I'm looking at Rutgers, Cornell, Stanford, U of Florida, USC, and Yale. What would be safeties? Thanks!

Considering many of the programs you stated want applicants to have 2,000+ PCE (University of Florida and other), therefore, you do not have a shot. Look into programs that do not require high patient care experience and forget about how prestigious the name is... In the end, you're a PA-C when you graduate. Look at cost, PANCE scores, length, mission statement, etc. 

Your GRE is good, GPA is average or below, and PCE is well below. You do not tell us sGPA or prereq GPA. REALLY look into each program and see if you have everything they require. 

BUT HEY! who am I to tell you anything... I am not in a PA program yet– best of luck! 

*****Also, this should be in the Pre-PA area*****

Archived