State License during Residency?

Connecticut has a PA resident training permit; they are in the same category as physician and dental residents. This allows you to begin rotations as a resident before passing the PANCE or obtaining full licensure. Most programs will expect you to still pass your PANCE and obtain your full license as soon as you are eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connecticut has a PA resident training permit; they are in the same category as physician and dental residents. This allows you to begin rotations as a resident before passing the PANCE or obtaining full licensure. Most programs will expect you to still pass your PANCE and obtain your full license as soon as you are eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must be pretty new- kinda cool.  Are they able to obtain a DEA cert?

In answer to original question- you're practicing medicine, so yes you will need a license of some type 

That must be pretty new- kinda cool.  Are they able to obtain a DEA cert?

In answer to original question- you're practicing medicine, so yes you will need a license of some type 

It's actually been on the books for years as far as I know, courtesy of the Norwalk surgical residency; I think CT may be the only state with PA residents formally recognized in regulation.  The residents are allowed to use the institutional DEA number, just like the MD residents.  Here's a link with more info:

http://www.ct.gov/dph/cwp/view.asp?a=3121&q=543188

Archived