Deciding between two programs, please help!!
Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:25 AM
Stony Brook University
- well established program
- 24 months program
- ~$130,000 tuition (cause of out of state first year)
- high cost of living
- 17 hours from home, know no one
- east coast, lots of sight seeing
- PANCE 95% last class (2015)
- master capstone project/mini thesis
- clinical rotations all over Long Island and parts of NYC
- supposed strong graduate job placement
- slightly newer program, with new Director
- 28 month length
- ~ $98,000 tuition
- lower cost of living
- 26 hours from home, know someone going into the OT program and friends in AZ
- PANCE 90% last class
- finally warm weather, no snow
- Las Vegas, but also all the outdoor things available
- job placement high because of being only school in southern NV
- clinical rotations, don't remember to much but have homeless clinic and mobile clinic
I am really stuck because I love both schools and they both have their pros/cons. I would really appreciate any advice or insight that you guys can provide.
Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:46 AM
Some of the things you listed will not be available to you much as a PA student (i.e. "east coast, lots of sight seeing").
I am not familiar with either program, but unless there is something that is bad about Touro go with the lower tuition. When you graduate and have student loan debt while you are looking for your first job you will thank yourself that you saved $32k in tuition alone (not including the cost of living).
On top of that, my understanding is that NY is somewhat saturated with PAs making finding a quality job a bit more difficult - maybe I'm wrong, I've never lived there, but I have heard that.
Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:37 AM
For Stony Brook, I thought the tuition is much lower, given that it is a state school. Did a little research. Looks like the out-of-state tuition is 16,634 per semester, and there are 5 semesters in total.
Stony Brook has an amazing reputation within New York, and I believe the cost is lower than Touro Neveda.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users