As of today, most comfortable shoes

SAS have gotten a little better looking over the years, but yea....Nike's they are not lol.  Still, they hold up under brutal conditions. I bought a pair of their athletic shoes from them almost two years ago and have put well over 1000 miles walking in them, half of which has been on concrete.  The soles and uppers still look great.  Before, I was lucky to get 200 miles in a regular pair of walking/running shoes before they would explode.

As for my work shoes, these are the shoes I reference in my earlier post.  Simply the best shoes I have ever owned, and yes I wear them with scrubs.

https://sasshoes.com/men/men-footwear/mens-side-gore-black

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

By FAR AND AWAY the best, most comfortable and longest lasting shoes both athletic and dress have been SAS shoes.  San Antonio shoe company.  

They sell half sizes PAST size 12 (I wear a solid 12.5 double wide.

They sell wide and double wide is every shoe I have bought.  

They are hella expensive, but worth every single dime.

38 minutes ago, Cideous said:

By FAR AND AWAY the best, most comfortable and longest lasting shoes both athletic and dress have been SAS shoes.  San Antonio shoe company.  

They sell half sizes PAST size 12 (I wear a solid 12.5 double wide.

They sell wide and double wide is every shoe I have bought.  

They are hella expensive, but worth every single dime.

Late father swore by SAS shoes.  Local store nearby but I haven't gone shopping for them personally.

Yea there are kinda associated with seniors, I would of never considered them but my wife insisted I try them.  That was 7 years ago.  I still have and wear the same pair to work every day.  I literally wore through the soles on them (after like 5 years), took them back into the store, and for like $40 they shipped them back to the factory and re-soled them.  They came back to me looking brand new and I still wear them every day lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am now wearing the in-house brand of The Walking Company - Abeo.

Abeo makes shoes and sneakers. They come without insoles and the staff fits you with insoles that match your stance.

I pronate so I have stabilizing insoles - similar to how Brooks and other high end running shoes do their fits.

They are incredibly comfortable and the store gave me a medical worker discount. 

They also sell Danskos which I don't find comfortable.

I have a sit/stand desk but no shock mat. These hospital floors are not forgiving.672968576_abeotennisshoe.jpg.29d186cec61a6447eb72effa4802721b.jpgImage result for abeo mary janes"

used to like keens - BUT now the quality seems to have gone way down

I get maybe a year out of them and they are delaminating the soles

Dansko when i was in OR but not in PCP

Just got a few pairs of nice rockports on sale and seem to do the trick nicely and holding up nice as well 

6 hours ago, ventana said:

used to like keens - BUT now the quality seems to have gone way down

I get maybe a year out of them and they are delaminating the soles

Dansko when i was in OR but not in PCP

Just got a few pairs of nice rockports on sale and seem to do the trick nicely and holding up nice as well 

I got 2 pairs of keens, one insulated for the cold weather here and one ventilated, and they both held up through residency and beyond. 

But my go to shoe for when I’m really on my feet a lot, new balance. Never bought a pair that was uncomfortable.

• 9 months later...