I want to apply to another program that also uses the CAS, will that affect my PA application?

I want to apply to an accelerated RN program just in case I don't get accepted to one of the PA programs I have already applied to. If there is a chance that this would negatively impact my PA applications I don't want to do it, but if it doesn't matter I want to have a backup plan for the year I will be re-applying to PA school. I have already tried to start an application and it won't let me use the same email address. Is this a hint that it's discouraged or just a website design error? 

I look forward to your feedback. 

Thank You

When I applied this year I applied to both PA (CASPA) and PT (PTCAS) schools and had no issue. PTCAS is still designed like the old CASPA, so maybe because the software hasn't been updated I didn't have any issues. Either way the actual CAS system had no negative impact on my applications besides the fact that you have to do twice the work, order the transcripts twice, etc. I was accepted to both PT and PA school.

You can't use your same email address to make a new account because you already have a CAS account. You'd login to Nursing with the same username and pw as your CASPA account without clicking the "create new account" part. That's part of the whole new system that both Nursing and CASPA are on where you have the same ID# for everything, so its all considered one account. PT is still on the old version where they were all treated separately.

Archived