Health and Human Services Confirmation Hearing

In listening to the grilling of Dr. Price this morning, it was nice to here the senator from Wyoming state that in one county there that is the size of Delaware with population of 2800 that the hospital there  has difficulty keeping physicians and if they didn't have  a "PA" there that the hospital would be forced to close.  It was nice to hear us mentioned in a positive note for once without being attached to any other profession. 

I have watched the entire briefing....all of it....every minute.  He has been asked a dozen times about keeping the popular provisions of the ACA.  Kids on parents ins until 26 (under his plan it is NOT mandated....he said that he trusted insurance companies to do the right thing, he said although there will be no law requiring insurance companies to let kids stay on their parents plan, that he believes insurance companies will "bake it in".  You know....just do the right thing....).  Lifetime caps?  Coming back.  Preexisting conditions....coming back if you don't maintain 18 months of "continuous coverage".  If you lose that continuous coverage for ANY reason...you know, like getting sick?  BAM!  You are uninsurable and will be thrown into a state "high risk pool".  You know, those things that failed horribly in the 80's through mid 2000's where people literally died on the waiting list to get on, and who had fees 250% greater then basic insurance plans.   Great....

I really fear for our kids future.  If you don't have tons of money and get sick......you are going to be screwed.  Welcome back to the 90's.

My post was about the senator from Wyoming noting that a "PA" was needed to keep a hospital open because they can't keep MDs.  It was not about whether Dr. Price is acceptable or not.  It was just an FYI that we were mentioned in a positive way and recognized as a member of the medical team that gives medical care in a rural hospital.  That was all.

Archived