In-Home Care Details?

I'm looking to add to my income and join an in-home care company once a week. I have an interview coming up but have some questions. 

They say pay is $100/patient for urgent care type calls. I'd see around 6-8 per day. 

Anyone have any experience with these types of companies? What should I be asking for 

I'm looking to add to my income and join an in-home care company once a week. I have an interview coming up but have some questions. 

They say pay is $100/patient for urgent care type calls. I'd see around 6-8 per day. 

Anyone have any experience with these types of companies? What should I be asking for 

W-2 vs 1099 position. If a 1099 position your looking at ~40% taxes off that $100/patient. 

$600/day x 5 days a week x 50 weeks is $150k assuming they keep you busy.... minus travel costs... minus the extra 6.25% you lose from paying both sides of payroll tax... minus the lack of benefits (insurance, retirement)... minus CME/licensing.

only you know if you can budget and cover your lost benefits

If this is a W2.... not bad

Archived