No replies to this topic

#1 jmj11

jmj11

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:19 AM

My latest book hit the presses last Friday and is available at a discount before it reaches the public market (Amazon / Barnes and Noble) in February. Unlike A Kernel in the Pod, this book is not about my PA experience. While I do, tangentially, mention my PA work a few times, this book is a book on culture and philosophy and how it relates to, what I think, are errors with American evangelicalism. It starts with my very candid story about growing up in the Bible belt of Appalachia, getting involved with evangelicalism in college and then seeing all of that go up in smoke as missionaries in the Middle East, (with a great spiritual disillusionment). My "crisis of faith" led me on a 20-year search to understand what had gone so wrong with that world-view. I spent years researching western philosophy and history, looking at the powerful influence of people like Plato and Aristotle on how we see reality here in the west. I think this topic of how evangelicalism may have gotten some things wrong, has never been more poignant, than in this political year.

I had the opportunity to work with three great editors, who are good authors in their own right and do editing fro Penguin Books, Canada. I do believe that this book is much better written than my Kernel in a Pod, first experimentation with writing. So, if this topic interest you, buy a copy. After reading it, and if you think it is a good work, please recommend it to others.

The book is available here. I think B & N and Amazon will raise the price to about $19 when they get it.

• SERENITY NOW likes this
JMJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users