Health Recruiter for NAVY HSCP/HSPS

Hey all,

I was accepted to a PA program, which will start Summer 2017 and I am trying apply for the Navy HCSP/HSPS. However after I start talking with a health recruiter, they seem to just randomly stop responding. I started talking with one, filled out basic questionnaire and started gathering transcripts/documents for him. And then he stopped responding to my emails.

I then started corresponding with another one, somehow there was a miscommunication and he thought I was going to medical school instead of PA, after I corrected him, he too stopped responding.

I realize these scholarships/programs are on a first come first serve basis and would like to get this done sooner rather than later.

Any advice/tips on finding a health recruiter to help me through this process?

• 9 months later...

I'm talking to a Navy recruiter right now. I am currently in Army as a combat medic and I haven't been having any problems... Have you physically gone to their office and spoken with them? 

If not, I would suggest going in and physically speaking with them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the application process last summer (2016). I'd suggest finding a Medical Officer recruiter that is in your area, not just a regular recruiter. The LT I worked with strictly dealt with officer program applicants, and as a result was super knowledgeable about the process. He was an even bigger help in that he was able to secure me interviews with two senior officers. I'm not sure where you are located (I'm on the East Coast), but I would suggest to start by finding a strictly medical officer recruiter and emailing them.

I started my application process for HSCP in July 2016, and didn't submit my package until January. I was told that I was not selected in February, but was subsequently selected in April (I was the first alternate and someone turned their selection down). I hope this information helps. Good luck!

Archived