Work experience

How does CASPA check and make sure the work experience you put on the application is true? Does the system or certain schools request pay slip information or do they call the employers? I am applying next year and would just like to keep tabs on the necessary documents I need to have!

Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fundamentally, it's on the honor system.  CASPA doesn't validate that information (not like they do the grades you enter when they verify your transcripts and calculate your GPAs).  

That being said, some programs do require submission of some form of work documentation (which varies by program) for them to validate your information as submitted via CASPA.  Typically, this is part of your supplemental application materials, or it's part of the 'contingent on' specifics of an offer of admission if you get to that point.  From what I recall, one of the programs I considered indicated they wanted paystubs.  I wouldn't have been able to provide them, and they indicated that a letter, submitted independently directly to the program, from a former supervisor would suffice.  

On a related note, some programs request validation of PA shadowing hours on their form, also submitted independently.  

Basically, the bottom line is that it's not part of CASPA and it depends on the program; you need to investigate the requirements of the programs where you intend to apply.  

• 9 months later...

I have an interview later this month, and in reviewing my application I realized that I didn't enter information for a few jobs that were not medically related (barista, prep cook, and client development for my husband's office) into my CASPA application. Would it be best for me to go into my interviews with updated resumes showing these jobs (one I only worked for a few months to make some extra money during the holidays, another was seasonal, and the last one I am currently working at in a very informal manner)? 

Archived