Family Medicine Offer

Family Medicine 8 - 5 M - F.

93k/year

I have 1.5 years of experience in family medicine. This is in a large city in Texas. Only one doctor works in office and she has only one PA. Her PA is leaving and is hiring. 18 days PTO (includes CME and sick days). Physician says 15 - 18 ppd. 

Would be on my own Wednesday afternoons and Friday afternoons.

6 paid holidays, 1000/year CME 

Malpractice - has not stated if tail is included   - not sure how to ask this actually without it being awkward

Health insurance - 50%

term life insurance for 500,000 for 10 years

I am thinking of countering for 20 days PTO (cause 6 days paid holiday is a little low right?), tail insurance if I stay longer than 1 year, and a extra week of non paid vacation.

What do you all think?

93k is not bad. Benefits need improved. You should be looking for more like 30ish PTO days (all types included), preferably all of health insurance covered, CME >$1500. Ensure tail coverage. At least ask for licensure, DEA, professional society membership coverage. Square away short term/long term disability. Retirement? Call expectations? Administrative time? How will days off be organized between 2 providers? Lots of other questions, but you may have already clarified some of those aboe and any others and are comfortable with the offer. 

You should generate income fairly quickly if you get up to speed. Don't sell yourself short. 

Archived