Please help me to minimize any errors while updating my transcript to CASPA!

Dear, whom may it concerns!

Hi, I am 24 years old female who is truly considering to become a PA. I am senior in 4 year University and having low GPA right now.

I have a questions to make sure before i put my records into Caspa system.

Q1: I transferred from Community college to 4-years university. Since I was transferring from my Cc to 4year university, they counted my A grade from cc as B grade in university. When I imput My GPA to CASPA system, i am not sure which grade I should input. Does CASPA has some kind of policies like this?

Q2: I am currently senior but it is my 5th year due to changing my major in the junior year. Which year level should my 5th year fall into?

Q3: in case of need of raising gpa, i would like to first graduate from my current 4yr university and continue taking extra classes at Different community college because I did not get good GPA compared to CC's GPA. Will this credits and gpa also be counted and accumulated?

(CC GPA WITH 60 CREDIT is 3.6 and Univ GPA WITH 80 CREDIT is 2.5)

If not, i will have to delay my graduation date, so i can take more classes before getting Bachelor's degree. I need clarification to determine whether i should delay my graduation or not.

Lastly, which year level would this fall into? Is this post bachelor's?

I understand this is somewhat overwhelming questions, please help me to minimize any errors while updating my transcript to Caspa.

Thank you very much,

-anonymous

1. Use the A. The grade from the school where you took that class is the only thing that matters, not the school where you transferred the class to.

2. I believe 5th year would still be senior year. The designation depends on the number of credits you have taken, not the time it took you to take those credits.

3. After you graduate, the classes you take will be counted as your post-bacc GPA. However, they will still be counted into your cumulative undergraduate GPA. In addition to a cumulative and science GPA, CASPA will include calculations for your GPA each year and post-bacc will be like another year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior year, and post-bacc).

You can also see the CASPA FAQ website for more detail: 

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/processing-your-application/grade-point-average-gpa-calculations/

Archived