Navy PA FAQ

Hi, I know I want to go into the medical field and being a PA has always been enticing to me. But it just lacked that adventure I was looking for! So then I thought about joining the navy as one and I have a few questions on it since I've heard recruiters aren't always honest. If I join the navy as a PA will I... be on a boat? See combat? Should I earn my degree before or while being in the navy? If I get my degree or finish it in the navy will my degree transfer to the real world? Is it a rewarding experience?

you need to do a lot of research. Navy PA are mainly in Family medicine but they you can see them everywhere from boats to clinics, hospitals, and with the marines. I believe currently there are 4 specialties you can go, ED, ENT, ortho, Flight medicine. The Navy has a PA program (IPAP) that is accredited by ARCPA and affiliated with Univ of Nebraska. you will receive a MPAS after completion of the program. IPAP has a very different criteria compare to civilian programs and is highly competitive. they only accept 15 students/year. and its open for both Navy and Marine Corps. Most applicants has been in the service for 4-15 years average. I personally suggest do PA in the civilian. It is difficult to get all the prereqs because of many circumstances. I wish you luck in your endeavors let me know if you have any other questions i can answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived