Surgery-Technical Adviser for Novel

I posted this here trying to target PAs in surgery but if it is a better fit, you can move this post to the "Recovery Room" section.

I am writing a novel (Working title: Waters of Bimini) that takes place around a central setting of a neurosurgery department. The "side-kick"" (or deuteragonist) to the protagonist, is a surgical PA. I am looking for a PA with recent surgical experience, since I have not been in the OR in 35 years, who can read the manuscript and give me a technical review. Are there things in the story that don't make sense in a neurosurgery department (and the story is very technical in places)? It is, of course, fictional and set in the future, so it doesn't have to be precise.

The book has a publisher already so it will be published. The present state of the manuscript is a second round rough draft, but it is complete (just needs a lot of editing).  I wish I could promise money for your service, but I cannot unless it did well, which is unlikely. Most novels like this have a snow-ball's chance in hell breaking the NYT 100 best sellers. I, however, would be happy to give you credit in the book as the "Technical Adviser."

I simply want you to read it. If you want to do mark-ups in Word, that would be helpful. If you read it and don't finish it or you think don't like it, then don't worry. I will never come back to you and ask what you think and put you on the spot.

So if you are interested, send me a private message here on the forum. Thanks for considering it.

Mike

Archived