4 replies to this topic

#1 vb315

vb315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

Hey Everyone,

I was accepted to PA school back in July, and have been working on my package for HSCP since then. I am finally going to be submitting on December 1st!t With that said, I'm just curious if anyone has knowledge of how the board works? For instance, is it on a first-come-first-serve basis, and once they fill all the slots that's it? Also, if they theoretically had 10 slots for a FY, and only had 5 applicants, would all 5 applicants be selected? 

I am just trying to gauge my chances at being selected. I've wanted to join the Navy since I was around 11 haha, so I am trying my hardest! Thanks for any help you can offer!

-V

#2 LT_Oneal_PAC

LT_Oneal_PAC

PA-C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

Yes, it's rolling admissions. If a candidate is qualified, then he is selected and a late even more qualified candidate would be recommended, but passed over selection if no slots available.

No, if there are 10 slots and 5 applicants, they may not all get selected. You first have to be recommended by the board.

U.S. Navy PA, FMFQO
LT "Doc Holliday", PA-C, RN

#3 vb315

vb315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:12 PM

Thank you LT, that definitely helps to clarify things! And just another question, since the board is there to recommend an applicant to be selected, who is it that actually makes the decision to accept someone into the program?

Thanks,

-V

#4 vb315

vb315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

I just wanted to update anyone looking at this thread with my situation. I got the call today saying that I've been placed on the alternate list. Essentially, as the LT told me, this means that if someone who was selected decides not to accept the scholarship, then they will call those on the alternate list.

Now, what position I am on the alternate list is another story haha. LT told me that last year he had a physiology student pulled off the alternate list for HSCP, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The FY is over at the end of September, so hopefully I hear some good news before then!

Thanks for reading.

• karebear12892 likes this

#5 vb315

vb315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

Just an update for anyone watching/following this post - I received a call today letting me know that someone had declined their scholarship, and I was the first alternate! They will be letting my recruiter know next week (Monday I presume) that I have been selected, and from there it's just a matter of finalizing paperwork! I couldn't be more excited for the opportunity.

If anyone reading this has experience as a Navy PA, or in the military in general, I would really appreciate some insight on your time and experience. Thanks!

• karebear12892, Jdabrowski and TomB like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users