UC Offer New Grad

• 5 weeks later...

Well coming to this a little on the late side, but some initial opinions since I'm sitting here waiting for something

- 2 weeks PTO isn't "low" really, it's just kinda standard.  When you work 12s, it becomes "days" off instead of "hours" off so you don't get screwed (80 hours PTO on 12s is only 6.66 days off) and you have indicated that you have 14 "days" here.  More would be better, but given your schedule I think this is pretty good!

- I also like the schedule

- Pay seems good, esp when considering SOB - you said upstate so assuming the COL isn't too bad

- Pension plan is meh.  3 years "vestment" usually means that you can't withdraw or move any of the match money until that period lapses.  I'm assuming that the 3% is their money (on top of your other compensation) and not yours.  

- Health plan is cheap, but I dunno if it sucks or not.  I'm too old to be dealing with HMO and the like - I pay more for your better plans - but if you are young and healthy, may be a good deal.  

- Travel and lodging cost for an interview - for a job - this is pretty rare for a new grad!  Relo even more so.  Is it prorated as well?

- I think the CME is pretty good.  It's better than zero, which is fairly common where I'm at.  You could take the one day PTO and have the whole week off, once a year.  I think that's pretty fair. 

- The rest I kinda don't have a clue

- Hell, if something happens to my plan I may be contacting you LOL

How did it work out?

• 2 weeks later...

Well coming to this a little on the late side, but some initial opinions since I'm sitting here waiting for something

- 2 weeks PTO isn't "low" really, it's just kinda standard.  When you work 12s, it becomes "days" off instead of "hours" off so you don't get screwed (80 hours PTO on 12s is only 6.66 days off) and you have indicated that you have 14 "days" here.  More would be better, but given your schedule I think this is pretty good!

- I also like the schedule

- Pay seems good, esp when considering SOB - you said upstate so assuming the COL isn't too bad

- Pension plan is meh.  3 years "vestment" usually means that you can't withdraw or move any of the match money until that period lapses.  I'm assuming that the 3% is their money (on top of your other compensation) and not yours.  

- Health plan is cheap, but I dunno if it sucks or not.  I'm too old to be dealing with HMO and the like - I pay more for your better plans - but if you are young and healthy, may be a good deal.  

- Travel and lodging cost for an interview - for a job - this is pretty rare for a new grad!  Relo even more so.  Is it prorated as well?

- I think the CME is pretty good.  It's better than zero, which is fairly common where I'm at.  You could take the one day PTO and have the whole week off, once a year.  I think that's pretty fair. 

- The rest I kinda don't have a clue

- Hell, if something happens to my plan I may be contacting you LOL

How did it work out?

Thanks for responding. Yeah i ended up taking it. Really excited!

Archived