Malpractice insurance coverge gap .

Hi everyone,  I need advice , I am working for a urgent care group in Delaware over a year , I started in july 2015 last year  and worked  full time more then  a year now , my problem is that  the malpractice insurance coverge ends 1 month back and I did not check it until a month after it expired , i call the office manger and she said she will call the malpractice insurance provider and let me know  . I am worried this gap can effect my liscense in future . please advice .

thanks

you have way less liability then the employer

should not effect future employability - as there is likely a policy in place

does your contract state they supply malpractice insurance?

This COULD impact employability in the future based on what a former co-worker was going through while trying to get credentialed with a large network healthcare organization.  A large local network was questioning a former employee on their being able to provide documentation of coverage through their employment time with us and they were unable to do so due to it being an umbrella policy for the clinic as a whole.  I don't know how that situation resolved, though I presume that there was a work around since they are no longer with our clinic.

Archived