Help! IPAP, CORPSMAN, BS STUDENT

I am a GVSU student and will be done with my BS in Health Science with a focus on preventativie care and a minor in psychology in about a year! I'm hopping to graduate with a 3.5 ish (I had a 3.6 for 90+ credits and my GPA dropped to 0 when transferred) I'm SUPER worried about getting into GVSU's PA Program and am looking into joining the Navy with the hopes of getting into IPAP I will have all my pre reqs done for IPAP most likely even before I join the Navy? I'm 24 year old, female, with a husband and child and am ok with getting deployed and/or moving around! I'm also an NREMT-B

- Questions...

-possible officer programs for a BS degree holder

- possibility of navy corpsman getting accepted to ipap

- how long will it take for a corpsman to get into ipap

-is ipap program accredited

So...IPAP is accredited.

Most of the Corpsmen I knew that got accepted into IPAP were IDCs with around 10 years service (that data may have changed).

There are lots of commissioning programs, many website are devoted to talking about them.

If you want to be a PA and have a degree, the shorter path is to go the civilian route. Any way you look at it or slice it, the military is NOT a shortcut to PA school. Period. Many threads discuss this in greater detail.

if you already have a BS and great GPA and HCE i suggest to civilian route then if you really want to join the service theres HSCP/HPSP if you have an acceptance letter. IPAP is great but it is highly competitive and their criteria a little different from civilian school. depending on the branch of service, you have to be at a certain pay grade to apply. Navy is E5. but IPAP is a great program! one of the best i think its #13 in overall ranking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The Navy has other programs besides IPAP. Look around the forums. I wouldn't recommend enlisting with the hopes of getting into IPAP. They only have about 8 seats per year.  

It's actually 15 seats/year. Having a BS with all the pre-reqs done before enlisting would be a huge advantage, as I think the main bottleneck that prevents more people from applying is the ability to get the pre-reqs done while on active duty. Still, the OP would have to enlist and be willing to serve as a junior corpsman for several years before making E5 and being eligible to apply for the program (at least two tours at other commands).

It's actually 15 seats/year. Having a BS with all the pre-reqs done before enlisting would be a huge advantage, as I think the main bottleneck that prevents more people from applying is the ability to get the pre-reqs done while on active duty. Still, the OP would have to enlist and be willing to serve as a junior corpsman for several years before making E5 and being eligible to apply for the program (at least two tours at other commands).

hey we have almost the same username! lol thats why i decided to get out instead of applying to IPAP. Its really hard to get the prereqs done especially the science courses!

Archived