Medical Assistant

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely look for private practice clinics. Where I currently work (private practice), I was hired as an MA right out of undergrad with no formal experience. I was trained and have worked here for almost 4 years. I leave for PA school in two months, and they are actually looking for another person in my similar situation to hire. Also, I was not the first person they hired without MA training with the goal of going to PA school. 

There are people out there who will hire you!

I agree with the above posters. I was hired at my current job without prior training or experience as a MA. That said, I used my EMT license as a foundation and made it clear that since Urgent Care is a stepdown of ER, this seems like a good fit for me.

But there are many privately ​owned clinics that would hire and train you. Just let it be known that you are willing to learn and this would be a great opportunity for you given you are thinking about entering the medical field.

Good luck! Don't give up.

Archived