Interview Essays-What were you asked to write about?

Depends on the program.  Some programs let you choose from a list of 2-4 topics; some programs give you a single topic.  The topics are not intended to be anything that requires specialized knowledge.  I seem to recall we were usually asked to keep it to a single page.  From the comments made before and during interviews, the writing exercise can be multi-purpose.  On one hand, they want to see that you can organize your thoughts and communicate them in a reasonable manner.  One school straight out said that it was also a chance to assess if your personal statement and/or supplemental application responses were actually written by you.  A couple of programs actually asked me a follow-up question in a one-on-one interview, so I know they read it!  

Most schools expect or require some degree of confidentiality regarding divulging the specific questions they use in their process.

I've heard differing things about what they look for. Someone told me they just look to see if you are a decent writer- good speller, good grammar. Not sure if that's true. For my essays I was asked a very obvious questionS- oneS that you've definitely thought about if you're pre-PA or researching schools. During my interview they referred back to what I said and asked me follow up questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived