CASPA glitch??

I logged into my CASPA 3.0 application today, typed in my username and password, and somehow it magically led me to AACOMAS which is the site for applying to D.O. schools. The weird thing is, it allowed me to log in with my CASPA username and pw... wth!!!?

What's even more weird is that I quickly received an email stating "Welcome to AACOMAS application" (giving me the same ID# as my CASPA application). wth!! I wonder what the heck is going on! CASPA please fix this bug! I'm not trying to get into med school! haha. PA school all the way!!! lol.

All of the "CAS" applications are the same company (CASPA, NursingCAS, ACCOMAS, OptomCAS, etc); if you have an account at one (ie. CASPA) you technically have an account for all of them since your login and ID# belong to you, not your CASPA account specifically. You can use your same login to login to any of the application services which will automatically create you an account in that service with the same ID# and everything. If you signed in to the ACCOMAS site by accident using your CASPA login it would automatically make you an ACCOMAS account. You can always call their customer service number to say it was by mistake and have them put it on hold so you don't get emails and other stuff you don't want.

Archived