Healthcare experience

I was just wondering, I started volunteering at an ambulance Corp but my hours haven't been consistent each week. How would I put this for healthcare experience? Also I just became an emt and it required 250hrs of training hands on, can I put this in my healthcare experience as well??

Thanks for the help it is much appreciated!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hello, I work in EMS as well and found my hours varied quite a bit. CASPA calculates your hours by multiplying the amount of hours you work per week by the number of weeks. I used the duration of my experience and adjusted the number of hours I worked per week until it matched closely the total number of hours. Basically an average. 

A lot of programs won't count hours obtained during training (clinicals, ride alongs, etc), however if your program does, I would make it a separate entry from your volunteer ambulance experience under Patient Care Experience and let the schools determine whether or not to count it :)

Archived