Need some advice

Hello all,

I come seeking advice for my current situation. I am a new grad who, in hindsight, rather hastily signed on to a bad contract. Since June, I have been employed by a corporate-owned urgent care chain. During my short time with the company I have realized two things: (1) urgent care is not a good fit for me, and (2) the company has serious financial issues that has resulted in the delay in paying of all employees. Because of these issues, I have resigned my position and have potential job offers elsewhere. Given my short time with the company, they will not be covering the cost of my tail coverage. Does anyone have advice or recommendations as to what sort of policy I need to buy? Although I signed the contract in June, I have only worked as a PA with the company since September 5th so my risk is quite low. That being said, I'd rather be safe and get covered.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I come seeking advice for my current situation. I am a new grad who, in hindsight, rather hastily signed on to a bad contract. Since June, I have been employed by a corporate-owned urgent care chain. During my short time with the company I have realized two things: (1) urgent care is not a good fit for me, and (2) the company has serious financial issues that has resulted in the delay in paying of all employees. Because of these issues, I have resigned my position and have potential job offers elsewhere. Given my short time with the company, they will not be covering the cost of my tail coverage. Does anyone have advice or recommendations as to what sort of policy I need to buy? Although I signed the contract in June, I have only worked as a PA with the company since September 5th so my risk is quite low. That being said, I'd rather be safe and get covered.

Thanks in advance!

Consider something called a nose. Its like a tail but added to the front of the current policy. 

skip it

doc and company will get sued as well

The only issue that I see with this idea is that IF there were to ever be a claim filed you are on your own for your legal costs. The only reason I carry my own individual policy is for this reason. It is worth $900+/year OOP for the peace of mind that I won't have to fork over the cash to cover same. I'm in a tort friendly state so penalties for malpractice are capped. I agree with ventana that there are bigger fish in the sea for actual damages.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived