I just heard from my new employer - a large hospital corporation - that HR thinks that it will take up to 90 days for me to be added to insurance payors after my credentialing paperwork is sent to them.

I figured that as a new PA there would be fewer issues as far as the insurance was concerned because there are no disputes or claims, etc, against me.

Also, the workplace does not accept Medicaid patients.

How long does it take? Or how long did it take for you?

I am concerned about being without a job over the holidays. I expected to start in November, but the doctor went on vacation before signing my SP forms. Ugh.

Times are already financially tough in my household for my family.

Unfortunately the timeline for credentialing differs in every place and situation.  I have verbally accepted a job as a new grad, and graduate in December.  Currently the plan is for me to begin working in the middle of January shadowing, learning the EMR, etc. as my credentialing and licensing gets finished.  So, I will be paid even though I am not actually seeing patients, which is wonderful.  But, I was told it could take anywhere from 1-3 months for the credentialing to be completed. 

Archived