#81 akrenner0991

akrenner0991

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

greetingsfuturePA and akrenner0991,

Congrats to both of you! It is such an awesome interview process.  I honestly had a blast.  Good luck to both of you :)

Thank you!!!

I am very excited, and ready for the long wait to be over!!!!

I absolutely have fallen in love with Potsdam (as far as the google shows me), and looks like it is similar weather like I get in Minnesota, so it wouldn't be so much of a culture shock, and the University appears to have everything I'm looking for in a program! 

#82 Dabba

Dabba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

Thank you!!!

I am very excited, and ready for the long wait to be over!!!!

I absolutely have fallen in love with Potsdam (as far as the google shows me), and looks like it is similar weather like I get in Minnesota, so it wouldn't be so much of a culture shock, and the University appears to have everything I'm looking for in a program! 

It is often cloudy, windy and wet, but the weather changes often and the transition from the cold to warm weather has seemed to be very quick, or maybe we're losing touch with the outside world, not sure. But its definitively a nice town, it doesn't have everything, but definitely more than you need to survive!

#83 greetingsfuturePA

greetingsfuturePA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:18 AM

I just reserved a room at the scottish inn. I know this may sound odd, but if anyone wants to share a room and split the costs-let me know! Female only! Sorry guys. I reserved a two twin bed room because that is what was left. And I dont snore. Its okay if no one wants to...I clearly see how this may be weird!

#84 greetingsfuturePA

greetingsfuturePA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Does anyone know about how many spots are open? I believe they accept close to 30 students. I know someone earlier mentioned that they were hoping to fill about half of their seats and it just didnt happen. I am wondering why? Like if the people accepted didnt pay their seat deposit because they were accepted elsewhere. Or because the admissions committe didnt like many of the interviewees!?

#85 greetingsfuturePA

greetingsfuturePA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

One more question- does uber run in potsdam? And is it a fairly reliable sourse of transportation the day of the interview?

#86 akrenner0991

akrenner0991

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

One more question- does uber run in potsdam? And is it a fairly reliable sourse of transportation the day of the interview?

Im not sure! However since I think we are both staying at Scottish inn, I can always bring you with in my rental!
  • greetingsfuturePA likes this

#87 shrub

shrub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

I checked while I was there just out of curiosity and didn't see Lyft or Uber in Potsdam. 

#88 cjhodgson5

cjhodgson5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

Im not sure! However since I think we are both staying at Scottish inn, I can always bring you with in my rental!

Hey guys,

No Uber or Lyft in Potsdam! I believe there are cabs but I'm unsure if they'll be running on interview day! 

#89 greetingsfuturePA

greetingsfuturePA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted Today, 12:12 AM

You are wonderful! I shall buy you dinner for your kindness! I checked walking distance from the hotel, and it's feasible- I would just rather not the day of the interview. Thankss!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users