New York - Clarkson University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

Guest shrub

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Submitted my application! Does anyone know how they feel about out of state applicants?

I don't think it really matters. I'm from California and they offered me an interview. To be honest this is one of my top choices so I was really nervous that I wouldn't get an interview because I was from California.

For people flying in to interview, what airport are you flying in from? I am from Minnesota, so it will be a hike! 

I am flying into Ottawa.  Its like a 2-2:30 hour drive into Potsdam. If you have a passport thats probably your best bet.  I found the fighters were more reasonable flying into Ottawa versus any other airport but it may be different for you flying from Minnesota.  Good luck.  

I am flying into Ottawa.  Its like a 2-2:30 hour drive into Potsdam. If you have a passport thats probably your best bet.  I found the fighters were more reasonable flying into Ottawa versus any other airport but it may be different for you flying from Minnesota.  Good luck.  

Hey! Thanks for the tip. 

Let us know how the interview goes for you in March, and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Guest shrub

Just got an acceptance call last night so I thought I would share dates since that has been helpful to me in the past:

CASPA Submitted: 6/15/16

Clarkson Verified: 6/22

Secondary: 9/9

Interview invite: 11/3

Interview: 3/3/17

Accepted: 3/4/17

Best of luck to the rest of you!

Just got an acceptance call last night so I thought I would share dates since that has been helpful to me in the past:

CASPA Submitted: 6/15/16

Clarkson Verified: 6/22

Secondary: 9/9

Interview invite: 11/3

Interview: 3/3/17

Accepted: 3/4/17

Best of luck to the rest of you!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

How many people were at the interview??

Any advice for us interviewing in June??

That's so exciting!!

Guest shrub

18 people at each interview for a total of 72 interviewees down from 1900 applicants. My only advice is to do the normal interview prep and you'll be fine. The interviewers are all very nice and conversational so just try to be calm, consider the question, and answer thoughtfully. Good luck!

Hi all!

I too interviewed this past Friday March 3rd.  I got an acceptance call Saturday March 4th as well!! So excited to meet my classmates! I did want to share my insight for the people interviewing in June!  First try to relax, yes the process is long but I had so much fun! The students and faculty are so welcoming.  The faculty really wants to get to know you as a person and see if you fit with the Clarkson program.  Practice normal interview questions and really know why you want to be at Clarkson, not generally but specifically.  What makes their program stand out to you and how will it help you be the PA you want to become.  Be social and engage with everyone, be someone who they want at their program.  Everyone will have awesome experience and be intelligent.  What makes you unique and how can you contribute to their program! It was such an awesome experience and I was so happy to be apart of it, they made me feel welcome and at home.  Good luck to everyone interviewing in June! So excited to meet the rest of my class!

Hi all!

I too interviewed this past Friday March 3rd.  I got an acceptance call Saturday March 4th as well!! So excited to meet my classmates! I did want to share my insight for the people interviewing in June!  First try to relax, yes the process is long but I had so much fun! The students and faculty are so welcoming.  The faculty really wants to get to know you as a person and see if you fit with the Clarkson program.  Practice normal interview questions and really know why you want to be at Clarkson, not generally but specifically.  What makes their program stand out to you and how will it help you be the PA you want to become.  Be social and engage with everyone, be someone who they want at their program.  Everyone will have awesome experience and be intelligent.  What makes you unique and how can you contribute to their program! It was such an awesome experience and I was so happy to be apart of it, they made me feel welcome and at home.  Good luck to everyone interviewing in June! So excited to meet the rest of my class!

Congratulations to you as well!!!!!

That is so exciting, and makes me super excited for June, though I wish it was a little sooner than June so I can get rid of my nerves!

I have just such a good feeling with Clarkson, from everything I have read about the program, and the school, and city of Potsdam itself. 

I hope come June, I will be able to write the same as you did! 

Archived