Weekend PRN coverage

What are your thoughts on a fair PRN rate for a inpatient PA to improve the lifestyle of docs on the weekends. Let's say this PA would work 2 weekends a month. Employer only covers liability with tail. It does not matter the area or specialty - just give a number that you would consider OK to eliminate 2 weekends a month in your life. Let's say the job is not a sinecure position, but a solid 12 hours of inpatient work. What do you think? $75/hr at least?

What are your thoughts on a fair PRN rate for a inpatient PA to improve the lifestyle of docs on the weekends. Let's say this PA would work 2 weekends a month. Employer only covers liability with tail. It does not matter the area or specialty - just give a number that you would consider OK to eliminate 2 weekends a month in your life. Let's say the job is not a sinecure position, but a solid 12 hours of inpatient work. What do you think? $75/hr at least?

Weekends....should always make way more. My first job was Saturday and Sunday only and I got 75k a year. It was a long shift like 15 hours...idk. Maybe you could say 75/hr for first three months then as long as the docs agree you helping is making their lives easier and they can see more patients then maybe bump it up to 85-90/hr. Depends on how hard you have to work. How efficient you are. I make $68/hr and work every other weekend already at my full time job. Plus really good benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate your input. interesting to know if you can incorporate such rate hike into the contract within a large healthcare system. Small practice would be easy.

Weekends....should always make way more. My first job was Saturday and Sunday only and I got 75k a year. It was a long shift like 15 hours...idk. Maybe you could say 75/hr for first three months then as long as the docs agree you helping is making their lives easier and they can see more patients then maybe bump it up to 85-90/hr. Depends on how hard you have to work. How efficient you are. I make $68/hr and work every other weekend already at my full time job. Plus really good benefits.

Appreciate your input. interesting to know if you can incorporate such rate hike into the contract within a large healthcare system. Small practice would be easy.

Yeah...that was before the hospital bought the group. At my job though I would give up some of my dollars per hour if I didn't have to do nights or weekends

Archived