Timeout for posting...

This timeout for posting new threads and even replying to threads is frustrating; It’s too long.  If anti-spam is a focus, please implement other strategies (eg capcha) instead of blocking contributors.  I would like to contribute to the forum and really would prefer not to spend the little time I have waiting for the timeout.  The forum might get more activity. /RANT

• Administrator

I hear what you're saying, and it hits me (and the other moderators) just like you, so yeah, it's frustrating.  We DO have other measures in place to try and keep the spamming down, but despite all those, six months ago we were having 50+ posts overnight, mostly in Korean or Chinese, often duplicated across multiple spam accounts, which were totally messing up the board.  Those who remember that time don't have fond memories of it.

When I want to dash off two quick replies in a row, I will often compose the second one, then take a break and come back to hit 'submit' again after 5 minutes have elapsed.  I'm sure that's an entirely obvious thing to do, but nothing better has come to me.

I hear what you're saying, and it hits me (and the other moderators) just like you, so yeah, it's frustrating.  We DO have other measures in place to try and keep the spamming down, but despite all those, six months ago we were having 50+ posts overnight, mostly in Korean or Chinese, often duplicated across multiple spam accounts, which were totally messing up the board.  Those who remember that time don't have fond memories of it.

When I want to dash off two quick replies in a row, I will often compose the second one, then take a break and come back to hit 'submit' again after 5 minutes have elapsed.  I'm sure that's an entirely obvious thing to do, but nothing better has come to me.

Agreed.  In addition, I don't really see a drop-off in activity on the Forum since this was instituted

Archived