• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#161 ms225

ms225

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

yeah i noticed that trend, however, that's the timeline ms. bonnie told me so i have no idea what to expect

Well that's interesting. I guess I'm on a waitlist then! Oh well. 

#162 p_tud

p_tud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

any news yet?

#163 ms225

ms225

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

any news yet?

Nope. I imagine that means I'm on the waitlist and likely won't get in. 

#164 buddhaluv1

buddhaluv1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

I believe the last interview session is on 3/30. Once that is complete, everyone that has not received an acceptance or rejection will be compared as a whole and the remaining seats will be chosen. At this point, I don't think it's safe to assume you are on waitlist. I'm remaining hopeful and believe one of those last spots is waiting for me. Positive thinking! :) I interviewed 1/5. When I interviewed, we were told there were 1600 applicants, 100 interviews, and 30 spots. I know there has been more interviews added since that statement was made. I was also told that 'immediate" acceptances and rejections would be sent out fairly quickly after the interviews. Those that did not receive one would be compared after each subsequent interview session. They do it that way because the applicant/interview sessions vary in "strength." If an early session is really strong compared to a later session, a person from that early session could get an acceptance much later than those that received "immediate" acceptances. I don't know for sure, but I think at some point they stopped comparing and are just waiting until the interview sessions are complete to make decisions. 

#165 almostPA

almostPA

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

I received an email for an interview on 3/30 and confirmed it. Does Ms. Bonnie send out another email within a week with instructions on where I'm supposed meet/check in? Just wondering because I haven't received anything since she confirmed my interview date a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#166 buddhaluv1

buddhaluv1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

Bonnie will send another email once your interview date gets closer. I interviewed on a Thursday (1/5) and received the email Monday (1/2). Good luck at your interview!

#167 almostPA

almostPA

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

Bonnie will send another email once your interview date gets closer. I interviewed on a Thursday (1/5) and received the email Monday (1/2). Good luck at your interview!

Thank you so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#168 ms225

ms225

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

I believe the last interview session is on 3/30. Once that is complete, everyone that has not received an acceptance or rejection will be compared as a whole and the remaining seats will be chosen. At this point, I don't think it's safe to assume you are on waitlist. I'm remaining hopeful and believe one of those last spots is waiting for me. Positive thinking! :) I interviewed 1/5. When I interviewed, we were told there were 1600 applicants, 100 interviews, and 30 spots. I know there has been more interviews added since that statement was made. I was also told that 'immediate" acceptances and rejections would be sent out fairly quickly after the interviews. Those that did not receive one would be compared after each subsequent interview session. They do it that way because the applicant/interview sessions vary in "strength." If an early session is really strong compared to a later session, a person from that early session could get an acceptance much later than those that received "immediate" acceptances. I don't know for sure, but I think at some point they stopped comparing and are just waiting until the interview sessions are complete to make decisions. 

Well I certainly hope you're right. For me it's easier to plan for the worst and not to get my hopes up. Being disappointed does suck! 

It's just confusing for me since, like you said, some previous interviewees did get immediate acceptance. 

At my interview on 03/02 they said there were 2,200 applicants and 150 interview spots. At the time I interviewed there were 15 spots remaining. 

All we can do now is wait and see! Thanks for the encouraging words (:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: application, developing, program, interview, hardin simmons, hardin, simmons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users