CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

Hi sdnola so what's going on is that yesterday the accepted students received an email basically saying that attending tomorrow's information session is  not such a great idea since the information that is going to be provided is going to be more beneficial for the students/people who are interested in applying to the pa program. They are going to be holding a different info session for the accepted students in sept for us. If you were one of the 20 accepted students and didn't received the email I would suggest contacting them so they can send you the email, but if that doesn't pertain to you and you want to attend the iformation session I think it would be a good idea if you want to get more information on how too apply to the program, what the program is going to be offering, etc 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2017 at 10:08 PM, Rellie said:

Hello! I am trying to sign up for the information session on September 16th AT 10AM but PA program is not listed to select on dropdown menu. What the heck!? Anyone know how I can complete this form?

I would definitely call the office to see if you haven't already!

i'll be at the 23rd info session! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!! I am also in the first accepted cohort and have had an eye on this forum. What a ride! I've kept positive and am so excited to attend this program. I'm in the same boat with all of you and I think it will make for a unique bond in our cohort. Are ya'll connected in any other way? I created an account here just so i can touch base with you. I live in Los Angeles but I have to attend a wedding during the upcoming session that Laura invited us to attend. I'd love to get notes from one of you.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone got yesterday's email. I'm happy to have some news. I sent questions to Laura about exactly what we need to send in. I'm hoping I don't have to bug my LOR writers to resend them directly since I don't have these/never read them. I have a busy doc that is particularly hard to nail down. We'll see. So excited for the official word to finally come. So close yet so far.

Has anyone logged in to the portal? I emailed and called but have not been able to get ahold of Laura. It seems that there is an application from the last cycle already there and it needs official transcripts, application fee and LORs with no directions on how to submit these. Are we supposed to create a new application for 2018 or just submit these missing pieces from 2017? Still curious about LORs but am assuming I will have to resubmit them. It would be nice if that weren't the case. If I'm able to get clear directions I will share. Please do the same.

Edit: I got a lot of clarity from Barbara Cox who works in admissions. She let me know that more directions should be coming via email soon and if anyone else has questions they are welcome to reach out to her. She was very nice and helpful.

On 1/30/2018 at 7:20 PM, aprilxmae said:

Has anyone logged in to the portal? I emailed and called but have not been able to get ahold of Laura. It seems that there is an application from the last cycle already there and it needs official transcripts, application fee and LORs with no directions on how to submit these. Are we supposed to create a new application for 2018 or just submit these missing pieces from 2017? Still curious about LORs but am assuming I will have to resubmit them. It would be nice if that weren't the case. If I'm able to get clear directions I will share. Please do the same.

Edit: I got a lot of clarity from Barbara Cox who works in admissions. She let me know that more directions should be coming via email soon and if anyone else has questions they are welcome to reach out to her. She was very nice and helpful.

Spoke to Barbara,

The 3 LOR's can be from anyone, doesnt need to be from the same people as when we initially applied. You can either email her a scanned copy or have it sent to the grad office. 

Archived