CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FuturePA1575: I was thinking the same thing. Very disappointing the schools approach to this whole situation.

Hm36 and Sbp: thank you inquiring that information!

Don't give up hope everyone! The cycle opens up through CASPA April 27th. Keep applying and the right program will open up. Praying for everyone!

The cohort will start in the summer of 2018. I think what went on was that when you spoke with Laura they were still trying to work out the process with the accrediatation body and board members. I am so grateful that our seats are still guaranteed and that the faculty and staff are working very hard to make this happen! ????

Well I'm assuming we don't have to take any steps since we already applied, interviewed and met all the requirements, but I think the best thing we can do right now is just wait. I'm sure they are going to be sending us more information later, since honestly they were able to get the accrediation process to happen in a year instead of two so that says a lot about the commitment that they are putting in the program and the students in my opinion ????

• 2 weeks later...

There's absolutely nothing weird about it. I'm in your boat as well. No professor will think less of you for it. It happens, it's a speed bump, and many PA's/professionals understand that things may come up on the road to your end goal.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I was wondering if all the accepted applicants are keeping their seats for next year? I am trying to gauge whether or not I should apply to the program if I will be competing for less seats than usual. I am not trying to waste my time taking their extra prereqs just to apply for 3 open seats or something around that number.

Hello I was wondering if all the accepted applicants are keeping their seats for next year? I am trying to gauge whether or not I should apply to the program if I will be competing for less seats than usual. I am not trying to waste my time taking their extra prereqs just to apply for 3 open seats or something around that number.

I will most likely be keeping my seat.

Hello everyone!

My name is Matt and I am a member of the 20 or so students who gained acceptance to La Verne's PA program last March. I am so happy to have stumbled across this thread! I was wondering if anyone has since heard from any of the faculty regarding an update in our status. I have not heard from anyone since I received the letter promising acceptance in the June 2018 cohort.

I am re-applying in CASPA as a safeguard but I am still extremely hopeful provisional accreditation is met this March so we can begin working together. Best of luck to all!

Its pretty simple guys.... every1 going to keep their seat unless something crazy happens. Also, every1 will reapply at CASPA for other programs because nobody is going to deny a better more established program instead of La Verne. However, the faculty at La Verne were amazing and diversified which some of us (me) really enjoy!

Reality is that there are sooooooooo many applicants for PA schools nowadays its going to get more and more difficult to get into PA school. 

I actually don't see La Verne on CASPA this cycle. Must be because the accepted students from the past cycle were guaranteed seats. I'm one of waitlisted/alternate students and I was informed that we'll be kept on the waitlist for next cycle too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 7:37 PM, lulu11 said:

I emailed Dr Estrada about two weeks ago inquiring any status updates that he could give about the accreditation for the PA Program and I have not received a response yet. :/

I think its too early for them to know since the review is in March.

Archived