Keeping track of cme

• 2 weeks later...

I was just audited for my CME by NCCPA. The only thing I think I will do differently for upcoming years is print out the record at the end of each cycle and keep each cycles CME together in one folder. Then it would've been a 30 second process to get this together. It wasn't a horribly hard process, but because I had a lot of CME through a job (and I was lazy and didn't print out the certs), I had to call and get everything from them and search through a huge folder of stuff instead of having each cycle already separated.

• Administrator

I was just audited for my CME by NCCPA.

How detailed was the audit?  Did they require certificates for everything claimed, or did they only require you to substantiate the minimum required amount of CME?

I ask because I am trending toward 3-400 hours of CME per cycle, about 2/3rds of which is Cat 1.  If I am just going to get looked at harder if/when I get audited, maybe I'd stop logging EVERYTHING at the NCCPA...

How detailed was the audit? Did they require certificates for everything claimed, or did they only require you to substantiate the minimum required amount of CME?

I ask because I am trending toward 3-400 hours of CME per cycle, about 2/3rds of which is Cat 1. If I am just going to get looked at harder if/when I get audited, maybe I'd stop logging EVERYTHING at the NCCPA...

I have 130ish hours. I'm sending everything (they said they just need copies of the certificates). They didn't clarify whether they needed just the 100 hours or everything I listed. I'll call and find out. The problem I'm running into is that I've forgotten to print out hard copies of a lot of the online stuff and now I'm having to go back and dig it all up

I have been having difficulty uploading certificates to NCCPA over the last month.  I am getting error messages every time, which has never happened in the past.

Anyone having this same issue with uploading the PDF certificate?

• 4 weeks later...

I just print everything up.  It is way easier to me, then in my file cabinet I put it in order.  At the end of a cycle I staple all of it together and print up the NCCPA log over view as a cover.  Every cat 1 CME to the conferences certs gets printed and logged.  I also usually go over a 100 CME hours.  I log about 115 hours then stop.  At the top of the paper I put "not logged" after 115 hours, if I change my mind I just scratch out the "not" when I log it.  The logged ones get labeled "logged" at the top.   I know I am not likely to get audited, but my last job wanted all of my CME and it was super easy to just put the papers in the scanner and send a big PDF file of 40+ papers.  I almost  want to get audited as I think It would be easy to prove I did all the work.....  Ok I actually don't want to get audited, but I am ready if I ever am.  

I use NCCPA and upload everything. It takes 30 seconds to make a screen shot of a certificate and upload it when I log. That way I don't worry about an audit and I don't worry about losing things.

Archived