Reputation of your supervising physician

there is a few doc's in my area that I would simply never work for....

Really how much good education do you think you will get from such a bone head?  Do you think she is up to date on the latest and greatest treatment - or even practicing at a basic level for derm......

Just say no thank you....

Don't willingly subject yourself to torment and inappropriate behavior.

YES, association with a bad practice can scar you or at least get your resume put to the bottom of the pile.

DON'T - just don't. Do something else - anything.

This person isn't a good person - thus, can't really be a good doc by basis of deeply entrenched behavior.

RUN

The only positive aspect is that you would easily explain to future employers why you are looking for a new job after only 1 year, but the negatives far outweigh the positives (as already said).

OR - employers might think less of you if willing to take a questionable position in the first place, particularly if you have prior knowledge of the environment and warning signs. 

If one takes a job and truly walks unaware into the pits of hell, then explanation can solve a lot. If the reputation is that public and speaks for itself and is well known -- well then, taking that job was a stupid move.......... and might reflect very poorly on the decision making skills of the person who took the job.

You're in a tough area to break into dermatology. I tried in South Florida, too, and bagged it. It's possible though, but not through advertisements. I think I know the derm you're talking about. She advertised when I was looking. I looked her up and saw the same reviews. 

I'm happy to chat off board. I feel your pain.

There was a running joke in a place I used to work in where one of the docs would go to MDRate or whatever and periodically login as Joe Bloggns and rate themselves...no reason some really upset person wouldn't do the opposite, under different names.  That's the problem with the internet - hard to sort wheat and chaff sometimes.

SK

If you take this job, you will likely end up working in a toxic work environment, which will be bad for you, your physical and emotional health, your reputation, and even your finances and risk for malpractice claims. 

Look for a good work environment, even if it isn't your first choice of specialty.  Anything wrong with getting two years of internal medicine experience before specializing in dermatology? 

Having a good boss is more important than having a good job.  And this sounds like a very bad boss. 

Archived