Ohio University

The 2017 class have several students who are married or got married during didactic.  2018 also has two married students and one of them has a 2 year old.  So the program does like to have a range of diversity when it comes to non-traditional students.  I myself am a career changer and used to sell software prior to making the move into the healthcare field.  If anything, I think it was my personal background that tipped me in favor of getting accepted.  Hope this helps!

The 2017 class has one person that had a child during didactic and also have 2 other people in the class that are pregnant (their wives). I also am more non-traditional and had a career change so I think that and wanting to really make a difference in the rural population helped me. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with Ricky - they completed about 75% of the interviews and offered I assume a proportional number of acceptances late last month, and they will complete the rest of the interviews by 18 December, with the committee making their final decisions on 20 December. Hopefully we will hear back before before Christmas!

I just noticed today that I received the voice mail from Ricky 2 days ago that I am accepted and they will mail out official admission letter in a couple of days. I interviewed on 11/29 and impressed by the program considering the fact that they have only provisional accreditation. Also, it is one of the cheapest school from all that I have applied. I am looking forward to meeting my classmates in May.

I just noticed today that I received the voice mail from Ricky 2 days ago that I am accepted and they will mail out official admission letter in a couple of days. I interviewed on 11/29 and impressed by the program considering the fact that they have only provisional accreditation. Also, it is one of the cheapest school from all that I have applied. I am looking forward to meeting my classmates in May.

Congratulations!!! 

• 1 month later...

As part of the additional questions in CASPA, the OU program asked for contact information for our healthcare experience supervisors. Does anyone know if they do in fact reach out to these people? I interviewed with the program (still haven't heard anything) and my supervisor said that no one has ever contacted him.

As part of the additional questions in CASPA, the OU program asked for contact information for our healthcare experience supervisors. Does anyone know if they do in fact reach out to these people? I interviewed with the program (still haven't heard anything) and my supervisor said that no one has ever contacted him.

Not that I know of. 

Has anyone been waitlisted and heard back from OU?

Archived