Ohio University

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed with OU last year. (Eventually rejected). They called me with the interview invite around the end of October and my interview was the end of November. I got my notification sent in the mail in January regarding the decision. Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone applying this year!

This helps a lot! Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am currently at 2nd year PA student at Ohio U. I'll try to check this thread periodically if you all have questions but for now, stay patient! I'll let you know if I hear any news from the staff. (Keep in mind I'm out at rotations and not at the campus currently :) 

Congrats on the interviews! I know last year they interviewed until almost Christmas and would send invites out kinda in batches so I bet there will be more going out soon. Clinicals are going well, thank you for asking! Everyone has been very nice and welcoming and both my classmates and I have been complimented on how much we know, so the program definitely prepares you! 

Congrats on the interviews! I know last year they interviewed until almost Christmas and would send invites out kinda in batches so I bet there will be more going out soon. Clinicals are going well, thank you for asking! Everyone has been very nice and welcoming and both my classmates and I have been complimented on how much we know, so the program definitely prepares you! 

So glad to hear they are going well! Do you have a lot of opportunities for clinical sites? Is there a lot of competition? I know the area is kind of saturated with medical/NP/PA programs, all vying for spots. What a great compliment -- glad to hear the program prepares well!!

One more question - how long did it take to hear back from your interview? Thanks for your insight!!

There seem to be a lot of clinical spots, but keep in mind that because of our mission statement, we want to serve rural areas and so there are some clinicals that are far from Columbus but still in Ohio. I know my classmates were nervous about this because they didn't know about housing but everyone has been housed by either the hospital or by other medical students or the residents there too so no one has had to drive like 2 hours one way or anything like that. (Plus the students out in rural areas have gotten to do the most procedures, etc!) There are several people that are within Columbus because our school has an affiliation with Ohio Health and some people have most of theirs in Columbus so it just differs and our clinical coordinators have been awesome at trying to accommodate our preferences. And I interviewed in December, heard back like 3 weeks later that I had been waitlisted, then found out in February that I had been accepted. 

can anyone who has interviewed at OU before give us some advice about the interview, did you just get asked typical questions, did you get to meet current students and ask questions?? Also, to any current students, are classmates encouraged to get to know each other, study together, get involved in campus activities etc? I have interviewed at a couple of other schools where they seem to really want the cohort to get along and help each other get through the program. Does OU have a cadaver lab? It doesnt mention one on the website....

Archived