Starting new job soon in Dermatology, looking for study material

I know this sub-topic forum is not the most active, but are there any veteran Derm PAs out there who can provide some advice on how to prepare for your first job out of school in Dermatology? 

It feels like forever since taking the PANCE and the further out from school I get before starting work the emptier my brain feels. Need a bit of a jump-start before work starts in an academic Dermatology dept at the end of this month. 

I have been reviewing the AAD Learning Modules for students but it seems to be pretty cursory. It's good review but I'm looking for some personal insight/advice.

Thank you in advance, 

• 3 weeks later...

I know this sub-topic forum is not the most active, but are there any veteran Derm PAs out there who can provide some advice on how to prepare for your first job out of school in Dermatology? 

It feels like forever since taking the PANCE and the further out from school I get before starting work the emptier my brain feels. Need a bit of a jump-start before work starts in an academic Dermatology dept at the end of this month. 

I have been reviewing the AAD Learning Modules for students but it seems to be pretty cursory. It's good review but I'm looking for some personal insight/advice. I borrowed a few texts from the department during a tour but they are rather extensive and in-depth. 

My HCE prior to PA school was in a Mohs surgical office so I am not a complete stranger to Derm. However this will be my first major foray into General Derm and seeing a larger number of patients per day. 

http://www.wordsiseek.com/advanced-dermatology-reviews/

Thank you in advance, 

Can i help you on this topic?

Archived