Interview Process

Hi everyone! So my CASPA was verified on June 10th, and I have not heard from any programs regarding an interview as of yet. My CASPA GPA is a 3.57 and my science GPA is a 3.48. I scored a 206 on the GRE, but do not have high numbers of HCE. I am starting to get nervous. Should I be worried about not receiving an interview this year? This is my first year applying. Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi everyone! So my CASPA was verified on June 10th, and I have not heard from any programs regarding an interview as of yet. My CASPA GPA is a 3.57 and my science GPA is a 3.48. I scored a 206 on the GRE, but do not have high numbers of HCE. I am starting to get nervous. Should I be worried about not receiving an interview this year? This is my first year applying. Thank you in advance for any help.

There is your problem you received a 206 on the GRE! Haha

Thank you for your response. I didn't realize a 206 was a bad score. What is average of you don't mind me asking?

Haha I was joking. I am assuming you received a 306 instead of 206. And I would say as long as you received a 50 percentile or higher on each section you should be okay. 

If you dont mind me asking how did you accumulate your direct patient care hours? 

I have only heard back from 2 of 12 programs so far with the rest stating they don't send out invites until sept/oct/nov/Jan! So until you get rejections, don't worry.

One of the things i did on this forum was go to the school threads and looked at past cycles to get an idea of when interviews are sent out which helped me get through this summer knowing I wouldn't hear anything for awhile.

I have only heard back from 2 of 12 programs so far with the rest stating they don't send out invites until sept/oct/nov/Jan! So until you get rejections, don't worry.

One of the things i did on this forum was go to the school threads and looked at past cycles to get an idea of when interviews are sent out which helped me get through this summer knowing I wouldn't hear anything for awhile.

That is reassuring! Thank you.

Many schools don't interview until the fall. We are reviewing applications now for the "early" interviews in September. I remember going on interviews in January and early February.

Take a breath and keep collecting HCE. 

Good luck![/quote

Great! That is good to hear. Thank you so much.

I didn't start getting invites until August the year I applied.  

However I will say that the 296 might actually hinder you - colloquially a 300 is the unspoken cutoff (or stated cutoff) for some programs.  When you have thousands of applications to review numbers like GPA and GRE are the easiest first round of filters.  Your GPA is middle of the pack and depending on what you consider 'low HCE' and depending on the programs you applied to....use this time wisely and productively in case you have to apply again next year.

I didn't start getting invites until August the year I applied.  

However I will say that the 296 might actually hinder you - colloquially a 300 is the unspoken cutoff (or stated cutoff) for some programs.  When you have thousands of applications to review numbers like GPA and GRE are the easiest first round of filters.  Your GPA is middle of the pack and depending on what you consider 'low HCE' and depending on the programs you applied to....use this time wisely and productively in case you have to apply again next year.

Thank you for the advice. I definitely plan on continuing to gain HCE, and possibly retaking the GRE to make my application more competitive for next years application cycle just in case.

Archived