Any Mayo Clinic PAs here?

Hi all.. 

I am a year into my first PA gig in family practice.  Although I like where I am, the pay and benefits are minimal.  I am a single parent, and I know I need to make better money, have better benefits, and start planning for future expenses and retirement.  This is not feasible in my current position.  

Mayo Clinic is near me and I feel it would be a great place to get started.  I would love other opinions on working here.  Salary and benefits pros and cons.  How about switching specialties within the group?  Although I am enjoying FM, I may want to specialize in a few years.  

Thanks.. 

I went to one of their CME events last year where they had a presentation on their development of new grad PAs. Sounded very good with lots of structure for the first 6-12 months, almost like a residency-lite. If I were in the area and given the opportunity I would take it. 

I started within the Mayo system last fall. There are lots of great opportunities, great benefits, and from what I've seen so far, pretty good support of NPs and PAs within the system. Pay is dependent on specialty, experience, etc. I'd say within my specialty, its about average pay. Benefits are decent. I can't say too much about switching jobs/specialties, but it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.

Archived