Why we should all have contracts "getting it in writing"

So I submitted $500 of expenses for reimbursement

Got declined due to submitting after the end of the fiscal year (June 30)

I have referenced my contract and it says they will pay (I wrote it in by hand before signing it - detailing specific things like NCCPA fees)

I have not yet meet with them, but have requested a meeting, and will bring a copy of my contract stating that they will reimburse for these expenses.....

Believe it to be a slam dunk, pay it......

I would have had no recourse was it not in my contract.....

The moral

"Get it in writing"

Had one my first job when I got out of the Army that got upset about me asking for my CME reimbursements...first question out of her mouth "Why would you need a CME budget?" ( manager was a nurse who's CME system is based on an honour system).  I told her that she obviously hadn't (a) researched my national CPE requirements when she hired me and (b) hadn't read that it was in my contract - at the time, all PA's in the province each had a bit set aside for CME (more than we get now).  Not a happy manager...

SK

We were having issues getting certain activities or dues covered, so we negotiated to change reimbursement altogether. We now get $2500 incorporated into our paycheck over the course of the year. It seemed odd at first, but I actually like it. I can pay $70 a year to get my CME requirements fulfilled, and pocket the rest. Licensing and DEA fees are still reimbursed by the hospital.

Archived