NEW JERSEY: Kean University

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone spoken to the department or done a visit? Specifically, has anyone heard details about their expectations for community service? I'm contemplating applying since I grew up in NJ but not sure how pertinent or recent my "community service" is and don't want to drop $125 to apply if it's not worth it.

Thank you! 

Best of luck to you. Have you heard back yet?

Has anyone spoken to the department or done a visit? Specifically, has anyone heard details about their expectations for community service? I'm contemplating applying since I grew up in NJ but not sure how pertinent or recent my "community service" is and don't want to drop $125 to apply if it's not worth it.

Ankanguyen: I actually haven't even applied yet haha. But best of luck to you as well! When did you apply?

MarkMass: The graduate school has an upcoming open house on September 17th. Sign up online.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I was just contacted the other day for an interview on Dec 12th! If anyone else did too, let me know! I live in New Jersey so I went to their info session back in August/September and the staff and faculty seemed really nice and hopeful that they'll gain the accreditation.

To those who had their interviews already, how did it go? And also, are there any tips you may be able to share - like your thoughts about their set up, how you felt your interview went, if you've heard back from them yet?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

The interviews and whole process went really smoothly...you tour the campus/facilities, do a group exercise, then go for interviews and a writing sample. Very relaxed environment.

They said they would let us know about acceptance after the next set of interviews sometime at the end of December

• 2 weeks later...

Not too much of an update. They said we will find out via mail and that we'll get a letter from Kean's admissions - not the program itself -until the end of this month or beginning of January - but no later than January 15th. As far as Dr. Valdez knows the program won't call those who were accepted ahead of time either.

Archived