• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

rbonz2 - The faculty has not told us anything about the current application cycle. Last cycle, I submitted my application on June 1st (when it opened) and I was in the very first interview group, which took place on September 25th. I was notified about the interview about 4-5 weeks in advance. Based on last year's timeline, you guys should hear something any day now. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So does anyone know if they are still going to be reviewing applications even though they were just put on probation??

Email Stated this: 

"At its September 2016 meeting, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) placed the Francis Marion University Physician Assistant program sponsored by Francis Marion University on Accreditation-Probation status until its next validation review in March 2017. 

Probation is a temporary status of accreditation conferred when a program does not meet the Standards and when the capability of the program to provide an acceptable educational experience for its students is threatened. 

Once placed on probation, programs that still fail to comply with accreditation requirements in a timely manner, as specified by the ARC-PA, may be scheduled for a focused site visit and/or risk having their accreditation withdrawn. "

• 4 weeks later...

Archived