interview attire help?

Hey guys!  I'm a female and have an interview coming up in a few weeks.  I don't own a suit so I need to buy one and was looking for some advice.  I was thinking of getting a light grey skirt suit and wearing a dark maroon blouse underneath to stand out a little bit but still look professional.  Would this be too much?  Any commentary would be appreciated!

Standing out is good....you don't necessarily want to be lost in a sea of black suits and white button downs.  I wore a light grey suit for some of my interviews...I can't imagine how that would be standing out in a negative way.

I'd maybe avoid a leisure suit or something crazy and obviously not appropriate, but any suit (black, blue, grey, light grey, brown if that's your thing) is going to be professional and appropriate.  

Standing out is a good thing. I think it expresses confidence but of course there is a limit. Don't show up with a hot pink skirt but what you are describing sounds great. I wore a teal skirt suit with a white button up underneath. I was the only one in a unique color and many of the interviewers complimented my outfit. I did get an acceptance afterwards too! As long as you're comfortable with what you're wearing, you'll rock it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived