How do you find legal rep to review contracts...?

I know I've read plenty on here about contracts and what to look for and what needs to be negotiated for - so useful!

But I haven't seen this question come up......

I am 100% for having a lawyer go through my contract and find anything bad after I review it.

How did you find your lawyer that specifically deals with this thing?

What do I need to look for - a specific type of office or title or anything? Certain credentials?

I haven't gotten a written offer yet - but I want to be prepared for that important step before signing! ;)

Thanks!

Google Employment or Contract Law in your area.

See what names pop up.

Then, ask anyone you know professionally if they have heard of these folks.

I picked mine by reading reviews on him and then checking his State Bar status online. No sanctions.

I found a few folks who knew his name and then I called him up.

He answered, chatted freely to establish a client and quoted his prices.

Have used him twice. He even gave me a freeby for referring a few people to him.

Good Luck!!

Just becareful with the state bar ! Most have attorney referral service but I've had horrible experience with that . I requested an attorney and they send me one. I checked Yelp and he had no reviews but since I had gotten his info from state bar I figured he is legit. He charged me $450 and terminated relationship 4 days later without doing anything. His excuse was I shouldn't have called the employer without his permission. Check Yelp and look at views. State bar is a good source but keep in mind they may be paying a membership same way realator pay a membership to trulia to get leads.

Archived