FLORIDA: Florida International University (FIU) 2016-2017 cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anybody heard anything about phase I interviews?

It looks like the entrance exam in o November 4th ( I got the invitation email today despite withdrawing my app). Applicants who score a 75 or better get an interview the next week. Same day interviews for applicants that score a 75 or better for people who traveled more than four hours. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I am a current PA student at FIU. I may have met some of you yesterday, as i was one of the students giving tours. If you have any questions about the program or want any more information, feel free to ask. Good luck to everyone.

Thank you so much for the awesome tours! I loved the school and the program! Hope I get called back for an interview in pase two! Didn't quite make the 75 sadly :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the awesome tours! I loved the school and the program! Hope I get called back for an interview in pase two! Didn't quite make the 75 sadly :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest sending an e-mail to the program expressing your interest despite your score. They really look at who you. I am not sure how you did but i know they are going to extend some interviews to people with scores lower than the 75 case by case.

Hi everyone. I am a current PA student at FIU. I may have met some of you yesterday, as i was one of the students giving tours. If you have any questions about the program or want any more information, feel free to ask. Good luck to everyone.

Hi, Pc21. I would actually appreciate any advice you have to offer! I recently took the pre-entrance exam and scored a little below the 70 score requirement, so unfortunately I was not offered an interview :(. 

This is my second year applying to FIU's PA Program, and this school is my number 1 choice. I've heard so many GREAT things about the program and would LOVE to attend. What do you suggest?

Thank you!

@DFranc I am under the impression that the program will continue to extend interviews to students who took the pre entrance in phase 1 well into after the second phase pre entrance exam in January despite being under the specific score they are looking for. You could still be called for an interview once they see the scores from phase 2. I would send an e-mail to the program expressing interest and why you are wanting to go to FIU specifically. 

Hi! Not sure if this is the right way to reply, haha, but I wanted to know, how important is it to ask questions at the end? And how many people are asking you questions during the interview? Three?

I can only speak from my experiences but I always like to ask questions at the end because I usually have questions that I want to know the answer to and I think it shows interest. Last year I had three people during my interview, i am not sure if the process this year is changed.

• 1 month later...

I am in the program right now. I was never wait listed, but I would just call once, express great interest, let them know how eager, & how this program is your 1st choice. Most importantly though, dominate the call with mature meaningful timeline questions. When will the next phase of interviews be? When will all final decisions, including wait listed decisions be over? Can you say what lacks placed me on the wait list instead of full acceptance? How many seats are actually already filled? What # on the list am I? Etc. Call and be professional like that, but balance it with great interest.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone. Has anyone heard back from FIU that took the exam in phase one and didn't score the required score? They said they would start communicating with us via email in February so I was just wondering if they have started interviewing those who were waitlisted in phase one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, FIU sent me a conditional acceptance letter. My application is being forwarded to the University Graduate School (UGS) to verify:

• Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree from a regionally accredited College/University and transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Documents   must be sent to Florida International University Graduate Admissions Office, PO Box 659004, Miami, FL 33265-9004
  • Minimum Upper Division Grade Point Average (UG60) of 3.0
  • Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Standardized Test Score; scores must be sent to FIU Code 520

In two weeks, they will let me know if i've met all these conditional requirements. If i do they will send me the official acceptance letter. 

Hi guys, FIU sent me a conditional acceptance letter. My application is being forwarded to the University Graduate School (UGS) to verify:

• Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree from a regionally accredited College/University and transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Documents   must be sent to Florida International University Graduate Admissions Office, PO Box 659004, Miami, FL 33265-9004
  • Minimum Upper Division Grade Point Average (UG60) of 3.0
  • Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Standardized Test Score; scores must be sent to FIU Code 520

In two weeks, they will let me know if i've met all these conditional requirements. If i do they will send me the official acceptance letter. 

Hi, congratulations!!!! I have a few questions.... what date did they notify you of your conditional acceptance? Were you notified by email or regular mail? Thank you in advance for your response, feeling a little anxious... =/

Archived