Connecticut: Sacred Heart 2016 - 2017 cycle

I hope this helps.....My application was verified July 26th and I sent my application to SHUPA program on Friday, July 27th.  I heard back August 3rd regarding my application being processed. I was invited to an interview on September 27th.

I submitted mine on Sep 21 and haven't even received an email saying my application is being processed. Should I call them?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an interview the other day for November 13th! Good luck to everyone!!

Hi! I also am scheduled to interview on November 13th at the 12PM slot. Which time are you interviewing? Have you heard of any advice as to what type of interview/interview questions we my be receiving?

Anyone else interviewing in this cycle with advise? If I find out anything, I will be sure to post!

Also any help from current students greatly appreciated! Feel free to message me.

Thank you!

I have an 8:30 interview. The advice that I have gotten is to prepare the basic questions such as:

What is a PA/What is the role of a PA?

Why do I want to be a PA?

etc...

I have been preparing to speak on my service and patient care experiences.

I've been reviewing ethical questions and scenarios.

Mostly, I've been working on the fluidity of my answers as well as being consistent.

I've been told to review my application and essay (it may seem obvious that we should know everything we put on our application however, I wrote my essay months ago and have edited it numerous times before submitting it so I do not remember every detail).

These are just general pieces of advice I've been given. I hope this helps you.  

Hi guys (and gals), current student here. I won't go into a whole lot of detail- because it wouldn't be fair :) - but for those of you with an interview JUST BE YOURSELF. The interview is largely based off of determining who you all are as people, as well as your passion for the field. It is a very straight forward process and the faculty are very welcoming. Remember, you have made it to the interview based on who you are on paper...now show them who you are in person. Good luck!

Hey everyone, interviewed last year. It is a great format, assuming they follow the same as last year. The people I had were great, Just be yourself,  I know you will be so nervous, just breathe, speak from the heart and you will nail it. Congrats to everyone who has an interview, and to those who haven't heard anything, there is plenty of time, and plenty more sessions. Good luck to everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Just received an interview invite for either December or January. Excited but extremely nervous! 

I've read some of the posts about previous interviews and feel a bit more relaxed. Just need to do a lot more research about the program itself. 

Good luck to everyone!!

Hi everyone!

Just received an interview invite for either December or January. Excited but extremely nervous! 

I've read some of the posts about previous interviews and feel a bit more relaxed. Just need to do a lot more research about the program itself. 

Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats.  Just like other members said, the faculty are awesome and down to earth.  They already know you are great on paper and want to make sure you're a human who can communicate serious medical information to patients.  Don't try to BS them or show off in a group activity.  Its all about communication and teamwork.  Only other advice is know about their program, why you want to go there, and how you fit into what they are seeking.

Congrats.  Just like other members said, the faculty are awesome and down to earth.  They already know you are great on paper and want to make sure you're a human who can communicate serious medical information to patients.  Don't try to BS them or show off in a group activity.  Its all about communication and teamwork.  Only other advice is know about their program, why you want to go there, and how you fit into what they are seeking.

Thanks! Thats good to hear. Yeah, I definitely will learn more about their program. Is the interview mostly group activities? Thanks for your help- I really appreciate it.

Sounds like I'll be meeting some of you on Sunday, look forward to meeting you if you're interviewing in the morning!

i'll be there too and i'm super nervous

not sure how cold it will be since i'm coming from cali any suggestions for how many layers to wear or about how to prepare?'

Just not sure how much to know about the school.

Archived